Identify what is most important )0( Eliminate everything else
The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. Dr. Paul Farmer
The suffering of others is not alleviated when no one knows about it.
There is no one right way to live. Daniel Quinn Ishmael
The only thing that you need to start an asylum is an empty room and the right sort of people.
We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be. Kurt Vonnegut

Monday, December 28, 2015

snow

We finally have some.  Light snow, followed by heavy snow and blinding winds, followed by by more snow and lots of sleet

I picked up a couple of DVDs and a pile of books at the library.
I got my meds from the pharmacy.  Could not afford one of them.  Yikes.
Bought groceries, but forgot to get more sidewalk salt. Ugh.
Came home and shoveled the sidewalks.
Fell twice.  So much not my favorite thing.
Shoveled twice more.
Used up most of the salt.
The empty bag blew out of my hands and headed south.  Blew past the stores and was last seen heading towards the pizza place.
Fell down.  Still not liking it very much.
All the wind blew my carefully scattered salt away.  Probably trying to catch up with its bag.
Snow filled in all the shoveled areas.
Sleet has safely sealed the surface, with no chance of any of the snow blowing away.  Hah. that would be too easy.
All my outer and inner wear drying on all available surfaces.

Just another day here in the tundra.

Suits me just fine.

2 comments:

  1. J, do you HAVE to shovel snow at your age? That is not safe for you if you are falling all the time. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fortunately, falling into a snow drift is more embarrassing than painful, and, yes, I do have to shovel the snow, unless I want to pay someone to do it for me.

    When I moved to this flat, it was during a stressful time and I made the decision based on its proximity to my daughter. When my lease expires in August, I will already be in a new place where snow removal is not required.

    We have had a mild winter so far and there are only two months remaining where snow is a given and March where it is possible.

    And, yeah, not safe at all, especially if I cannot regain my footing and have to stay prone until someone finds me, because I have fallen on my phone and cannot reach it.

    I am hoping to convince the folk in the lower flat that they should let me pay them to do all the snow removal.

    ReplyDelete