Identify what is most important )0( Eliminate everything else
The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. Dr. Paul Farmer
The suffering of others is not alleviated when no one knows about it.
There is no one right way to live. Daniel Quinn Ishmael
The only thing that you need to start an asylum is an empty room and the right sort of people.
We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be. Kurt Vonnegut

Friday, August 24, 2012

a day of little successes

Dear Diary, Firstly, I can only post in HTML on this phone, so everything will be in one paragraph unless I can remember how to do this stuff. Began the day with a doom and gloom visit from my upstairs neighbor, who I like despite her constant negativity. Really, there must be someone she likes enough to say sweet things. I tried to bribe her today with.visions of fresh greens and vegetables from the row of planters that I will be putting on my portion of the porch. She is one smart cookie throw fresh and warm cookies into the bribe basket, well I like cookies too. Volunteering yesterday upset the laundromat schedule, but the baskets never made it out of the car trunk. DMV to transfer the car into my name and ownership, make sure the van is recorded as being junked. Check. Closed savings account and withdrew cash from old checking account to deposit in new bank. Check. Groceries, fun stuff for the boys, tiny deep-fryer (because now I must have proper falafel), fabric to make a throw for the new sofa that will be delivered tomorrow ...and best of all ...went and bought that little washing machine. So cool. If I figure out how to use it I can do most of my clothes this weekend. Check, and totally freaking cool. Tired. Check. Cat on lap. Check. Water and grapes and salted cashews on the table in easy reach. Check. Where is the remote??? O. K.,check. Life is so nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment