Identify what is most important )0( Eliminate everything else
The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. Dr. Paul Farmer
The suffering of others is not alleviated when no one knows about it.
There is no one right way to live. Daniel Quinn Ishmael
The only thing that you need to start an asylum is an empty room and the right sort of people.
We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be. Kurt Vonnegut

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

I am on a real computer, so maybe this will work easier. I still have a car to sell, and it looks like I might have to just junk it.  I was hoping to pass it on to the sister-in-law of a friend, but she cannot afford to buy it at any price and I would have to take $500 of my own money, my own limited funds, to give to my ex.  If I junk it, he will settle for half of what I get, but if I try to sell it to an actual person he has a minimum that he wants from me.  Frankly, if I had it, I would just give it to him and then gift that woman with the car, but I cannot afford to do that.  It is too complicated and I give up.  Friday will be junk the damn thing day.

I finally got rid of the cardboard that was piling up, cut it all to smithereens, taped it and hauled it to the curb.  So glad that is done.  I was holding on to it because the desk I ordered on-line was missing a piece.  I give up on that, too. 

Two for two.

Tomorrow will be training day for me at a new volunteer job.  It will be essentially what I do at our Library, but using their software and process.  I craft résumés, CVs and the rest from scratch.  Templates are great, but they do not fit everyone and I like my clients to have tools that reflect them as precisely as possible. 

I probably should just let this go, but one of my morning clients came in intoxicated.  I could smell it all over him and it comes as no surprise that when I addressed the issue with him that he denied it, saying that it must  be the whiskey he had last night.  Alrighty, I can mention the stench stink odor  smell, but I cannot breathalyze them, and have to trust that if they return for more services that they will do it sober, or at least less drunk.  Really.  If you are going to toss back a few cold ones before you ride your bike over here could you at least pick up some breath mints when you are at the liquor store?  And, if the reek is actually from last night, how about a quick shower between the time you get up and get over here.

I cleared a few more boxes yesterday, but really need some shelving in order to organize the art and crafting stuff I managed to save in the whole moving all over the place thing.  I had to donate my bookshelves to the charity shop because there was no place to store them.  It could not be helped, and I really am missing them now.  I did have a nice surprise, though, when I opened a box and found some of my spiritual stuff.  Finding those chalices, the dragon kaleidoscope and a couple more crystals was just the happiness I needed.

My new home feels like home and is looking more like home every day.  Some things are on the walls, I put together the kitchen table and chairs and desk, and furniture is coming soon.  I have decided that the light coming into the place is so glorious that I will not be putting up any window treatments, not even any of my beloved lace panels, not even in my bedroom.  I digress, but  
my bedroom
Woo! 

I do not like CoolCat's food and water dishes between the stove and refrigerator, and am thinking to move them under the table, or someplace, but it is simply not comfortable-feeling where they are.  Lots of things to work out, but he pretty much comes first.  During the end days I had no place to go where he could come along.  Two places to stay, a friend and my daughter, but allergy issues were paramount and I made and cancelled two appointments to have him euthanized.  He is only 14 years old, but has chronic health issues and a crappy temperament, and four months of trying to find a home for him were unsuccessful. 

In the end, we lived in a motel for a while until I found our new home.  One of my friends, the one with whom I could have stayed, said at breakfast the other day that after everything I went through for him, "that damn cat better not die!"  My sentiments exactly. :)

Back to work, assuming that the next client shows, and then fiber club and home to hang out and be groovy with CoolCat.

Life is freaking fabulous.  Yep.

No comments:

Post a Comment