Identify what is most important )0( Eliminate everything else
The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. Dr. Paul Farmer
The suffering of others is not alleviated when no one knows about it.
There is no one right way to live. Daniel Quinn Ishmael
The only thing that you need to start an asylum is an empty room and the right sort of people.
We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be. Kurt Vonnegut

Thursday, August 23, 2012

whatever

Well, the car is gone. I did not want it. It got terrible gas mileage. The only reason I got stuck with it is because the ex wanted to give the other car to a friend, and when the court awarded it to me he refused the car they gave him and I have been burdened with one more vehicle than I can manage. So, it has been a surprise that I felt this weird sense of loss to see it towed off into the sunset ...literally, for goodness sake. Goodbye, old girl. I did remember to take a photo and send it to my daughter, who was even more fond of it than I seem to have been. I trained at my new volunteer job this morning. One morning, still at the beginning of the process, but the director of the program is going to be a personal challenge. I am a patient person, a strong learner and an excellent and dedicated student, and I am certainly not a quitter, but there were two moments this morning when I nearly thanked her for her time and for asking me to create this new position in the organization, and then took my leave, grateful to have escaped relatively unscathed. But, I did not and I am going back for a few hours on Monday and will let them make appointments for later in the week, and just see how it goes. I am hoping for the best, but if her behavior is the same next week I will decline the position and move on and look for a less stressful place. It was so not what I expected The old me, even from six months ago would have simply taken that crappy behavior, tucked in and worked as best I could. The new, and hopefully improved, me is not willing to do any of that. I am not strong enough to address all of it with her, although I am willing to now remove myself from that kind of potentially toxic environment if I have to.

No comments:

Post a Comment