Identify what is most important )0( Eliminate everything else
The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. Dr. Paul Farmer
The suffering of others is not alleviated when no one knows about it.
There is no one right way to live. Daniel Quinn Ishmael
The only thing that you need to start an asylum is an empty room and the right sort of people.
We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be. Kurt Vonnegut

Friday, May 31, 2013

pareidolia

You know when you look up at clouds that you can see shapes.  Yeah, bunnies, snowpeople, cars, South Dakota, airplaines...oh, wait...that was a real plane. 

It is called pareidolia and is one of my favorite brain curiosities.  It is when we see objects of shapes in otherwise unconnected objects.  Like clouds.  Like religious icons on french toast, or potato chips.  Like the face that the bathroom sink and faucet resemble.  Like vegetables that grow to resemble Richard Nixon...interesting metaphor that, and I am thinking of a particularly rude tomato I once saw.  Like that creepy and expensive new-ish teapot that looks like Hitler.  Oh...oh...oh, how can I forget the man in the moon!

Once you find the 'hidden object' it is not possible to un-see it. 

This one involves NASA, which provides me with my beloved Hubble.  Ah, the stories I could tell.

Anyway, enjoy, from the folk who gave us the face on Mars, http://www.space.com/21396-mars-rat-curiosity-rover-photo.html

A short hour and I am feeling less twitchy.  Cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment