Identify what is most important )0( Eliminate everything else
The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. Dr. Paul Farmer
The suffering of others is not alleviated when no one knows about it.
There is no one right way to live. Daniel Quinn Ishmael
The only thing that you need to start an asylum is an empty room and the right sort of people.
We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be. Kurt Vonnegut

Monday, July 8, 2013

exhausted

Up at dawn.
Hour and a half drive.  Each way.  Through jam-packed rush hour traffic.  And, rain.
Grueling curriculum.  I can easily see how they are cramming all of this into a single week.  Grueling, I tell you.
Gosh, four more days of this?
Nice people, for a room full of crazy folk.
Each person's experiences, the journey they have taken to recovery just takes my breath away.
I am the least qualified person in the room.
Even more grateful that I made it past the waiting list; also confused about how I made it into this august group.
Interesting to watch how each person's disability forms their behavior.
More interesting to see how the behavior of other members of the training reflect back to me those aspects of my life that need lots of work.
Tons of coffee.
Nice selection of expensive teas, and I am taking full advantage of that.
Healthy snack, lots of fresh fruit and granola-type bars.
Excellent presenters and leaders.
I am already in love with five of the people.

Four more days.

But, I did get part of the laundry done on the way back into town, and I have food for lunches and a frozen dinner for dinner.  Which, unless I go and heat it up right now, will not be eaten, will have to be tossed, and I have to get to bed because we begin an hour earlier tomorrow.

And, my newly short hair looks really stupid because I have absolutely no idea what to do with it aside from plastering it down with hair goo.

CoolCat missed me, though, so that is nice, the being missed part.  Probably not so much fun for him.  Should I get a job out of this, he is going to have to get used to me being gone during the entire day more frequently.

No comments:

Post a Comment