Identify what is most important )0( Eliminate everything else
The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. Dr. Paul Farmer
The suffering of others is not alleviated when no one knows about it.
There is no one right way to live. Daniel Quinn Ishmael
The only thing that you need to start an asylum is an empty room and the right sort of people.
We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be. Kurt Vonnegut

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Healthier eating - Day...something

It is too early to post, but I am pretty sure that I did not do anything yesterday. 

Monday
BREAKFAST
Nothing

LUNCH
3 healthy hot dogs - they really do exist
salad
2 small, but outstanding tomatoes

DINNER
3 more hot dogs

I worked third shift yesterday, and just got home two hours ago.  So, I had planned on eating out for lunch until I realized that I had to go home and sleep.

I had the salad and tomatoes and a couple of dill pickles.  I was still hungry (and not sleepy), went to the refrigerator to look for something easy and found that package of healthy hot dogs that I bought on Sunday.  I had three of them, with lots more pickles and two antihistamines. 

I went to bed, read for a while and fell asleep.  I managed to stay in bed until 10:00 p.m., but kept waking up, like five or six times.  Finally got up refreshed, washed up, troweled on some makeup and went to work.

I stayed for an extra hour or so to haul a really bad donation out to the trash.  Some of the advocates hate to refuse any donations, but most of what we get is the trashy left-overs from a rummage sale and no one wants any of that stuff and we do not have any place to store stuff even if it was not a pile-o-crap.  More work for us and the city to take this stuff on garbage day, but I guess the person who donates can legitimately take a deduction on their taxes.  It is a messy business all around.

My plan was to eat something (the other little turkey thigh, so gooooood) and then go do the laundry I had planned on doing yesterday afternoon until I realized that I needed the sleep to be able to work all night more than clean BGPs.

Now, having just finished that meat, I am tired and am going to bed.  Thank goodness I have one set of clean clothing and some clean BGPs for work tomorrow.  At least I have breakfast out of the way.  I am feeling great, but I have to find a way to eat more food.

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm, it makes me hungry just reading your posts as you are hardly eating anything. Are you having a balanced diet, J? I guess it is summer and you don't usually feel as hungry in summer but you don't seem to be having much at all. Don't make us worry about you now :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems like that because it is, I guess. I used to eat so many carbohydrates. Oats and blackstrap molasses for breakfast. Fabulous vegetable sandwiches for lunch. Potatoes, Asian noodles and lots more vegetables for dinner. Snacks were leftovers and there were always plenty. Rarely meat, but I never needed it.

    And, today I am hungry, plus I never got around to making the meat I bought and I have to toss it. I will work this out.

    ReplyDelete